The Crisis, No. 1
While I was reading The Crisis by Thomas Paine there was one qoute that stood out to me far more than the rest, "If there must be trouble let it be in my day, that my child may have peace." This made me think of the war on terror and the reason we are dealing with this now is so hopfully our children dont have to later. The question is would you be willing to suffer through harsh winters and fight for your children like in the revolution? Also what is your take about this quote in relation to the war on terror?
1 Comments:
I would be willing to fight a problem/war now for the peace of my children later. However, it's hard to imagine that there will not be any problems in my children's time. Due to the fact that history repeats itself, it's almost guarenteed that a problem will arise in my children's generation. However, if in my generation I can help knock down a problem it just means that my child will not have to deal with that particular problem in their future. In relation to the war on terror and that quote, I think it's a great quote for it. I'm not a big fan of this war; I mean I believe that it was a good thing that we went to war against terrorism, but now I don't think we are still fighting for those initial reasons. I think this quote helps me look at this war in a good way and helps me support my country while we are still in this war.
Post a Comment
<< Home