Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Answer to Kirby's Henry and Paine

Henry and Paine were such an influence on politics with "The Speech to the Virginia Convention" and "The Crisis, No. 1" not only in their own time but in ours. They were pioneers they made impressively bold statements that I dont think any lawyer or poltical official would have the courage or the capacity to say today. They werent afraid to speak their mind and werent afraid of the conciquences. I compare the courage of Henry and Paine to Thomas Jefferson writing the declaration of independence. To be so bold and take a stand for what you believe is something I think no one has the heart to do today. To answer Kirby's question I seriously doubt that any defense lawyer for one would have that courage and I dont think that people would respond so well if they did because of the safety today's Americans are use to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home